Puppy preschool classes are held regularly at the clinic for puppies aged between eight and sixteen weeks. They are a great way to socialise your puppy, teach good manners, get help with any problem behaviours you may be having, and meet other dog lovers!
- Classes are run at the clinic by our Nurse Abby
- Please phone 02 4954 7055 to book in for the next class
- Classes are on Wednesday nights 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Classes run weekly for 4 weeks
- Total cost is $120.00
Benefits of puppy training
After leaving the litter, puppies are in need of a lot more puppy life lessons before they turn 18 weeks of age. Puppy classes are not just socialisation groups. Puppies need to learn about boundaries related to toileting, biting, jumping, toys and playing, food and feeding.
What does the course involve?
During a 4-week course, puppies and their humans will learn about:
- Basic obedience
- Food and resource guarding
- Bite inhibition
- Recall with distractions
- When to play and when to settle
- Keeping discipline positive
- Desensitisation to handling and new sounds and sights
- Anti-jumping techniques
- Appropriate socialisation and play behaviours
The Newcastle All Breeds Dog Training Club runs a variety of adolescent and adult dog training classes. The classes are held at CNCC Hillsborough Dog Showground on Hillsborough Road, Hillsborough. For further information contact:
Barbara Whitton (Motivational Bookings): 02 4945 0763